eepc question

Jarod Wilson jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 30 11:54:14 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 11:31 -0400, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> I'm just asking for a recommendation for a decent low-end laptop. I
> don't think I could talk her into Linux, but I would probably recommend
> a Vaio, Thinkpad, HP, or even a Dell with XP if she could get XP
> commercially.

Ah, so my earlier suggestion of the $330 Acer Aspire One might not be
ideal, but for a few bucks more ($400, iirc), you can get an AAO with a
sata disk instead of an ssd, with Windows XP installed.

> Possibly a Mac, but what I have seen of the Macs, they
> don't tend to be very durable. My daughter's has been in for repair
> under warranty a number of times.

I think she's been mistreating it. :)

Seriously, I have a 7 year old PowerBook G3, a 5 year old iBook (which I
gave my inlaws), and a 3 year old PowerBook G4, all of which are in
perfect running order, no problems with durability whatsoever.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org