iPad

Kent Borg kentborg-KwkGvOEf1og at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 7 11:50:39 EDT 2010

Richard Pieri wrote:
> Apple publishes an API suite for syncing with iTunes, both on Mac and Windows, specifically for third-party vendors.

I am not sure I understand.

1. Do they publish an interface that lets me write a program that talks
to an Ipod, as though my program were Itunes?
2. Do they publish an interface that lets me make a device that talks to
Itunes, as though my device were an Ipod?

Palm wanted to do #2, and if there were a supported interface, I can't
understand why they would resort to hackery.

I thought Apple was doing their best to lock down these two things.

-kb