iPad

Richard Pieri richard.pieri-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 7 14:34:30 EDT 2010

On Apr 7, 2010, at 1:59 PM, Doug wrote:

> "family friendly".  This does strike me as wrong and a reason to not
> get an i...   You can make the store have a "mature" section of the
> store for such apps easily enough.  As long as there is a browser,
> there is access to the same kind of material.

Apple had turned a mostly blind eye to the risque apps as long as the developers played by the rules.  Some stopped playing by the rules, using screen shots in the app descriptions to get past the parental content filters.  That put Apple about -><- close -- if not closer -- to distributing pornography to minors.  *That* triggered the purge.

--Rich P.