Recommended hot-plug eSATA PCI cards?

Peter Petrakis peter.petrakis-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 10 13:51:17 EDT 2010

eSATA is hotpluggable by design. It's not card that's the problem,
it's the driver and/or the userspace tools which manage the mounting.
Is it not showing up after you plug it in? If so try doing a scsi bus scan.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/linuxp/scsi+-+hot+add,+remove,+rescan+of+scsi+devices

or more to the point,
echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/hostX/scan

where X is the host representing your esata controller.

Peter