OT: What we want are things that work; what we get is technology

Derek Atkins warlord-DPNOqEs/LNQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 9 10:58:23 EST 2010

Bill Bogstad <bogstad-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes:

> I think I may have figured out why I don't have problems with my
> Linksys  router(5?? years old at this point).  I don't have it do
> anything besides routing/NAT.   I do all my DHCP/DNS from my Linux
> servers.  That way I can run bind and the ISC? dhcp server not the cut
> down stuff that the vendor stuffs in the firmware.

My Linksys/DD-WRT router only does routing/GRE/NAT.  But I still get
thrown off the wireless every night.  Now that COULD be a bug in my
Linux wireless driver (Intel 5300), but it's still annoying.  And the
Mac still gets a security exception that throws IT off the wireless
periodically.

> Bill Bogstad

-derek
       warlord-DPNOqEs/LNQ at public.gmane.org                        PGP key available