[Discuss] TrueCrypt on a network Drive

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Wed Oct 31 08:28:20 EDT 2012

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of aldo albanese
>
> Hi Rich,
> If I understand it right, the user needs to dismount the drive after they are
> done with it.  What about they forget to do it or the computer
> reboots accidentally, are the screw?

It should survive a reboot (but no guarantees).  It should fail to mount simultaneously on a second machine (hopefully).  There are some ways to get screwed if you're not diligent about this...

If you're intending to pass the volume back and forth between different computers, I would suggest using a different solution, such as encfs4win, or boxcryptor.