[Discuss] [OT] BLU's SEO (Martin Owens)

Derek Martin invalid at pizzashack.org
Tue Oct 22 20:56:35 EDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 08:46:36PM -0400, Martin Owens wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-10-22 at 19:25 -0500, Derek Martin wrote:
> > Neither steam nor ice are water; water is liquid dihydrogen monoxide.
> > Steam is gaseous dihydrogen monoxide, and ice is solid dihydrogen
> > monoxide.
>
> Water is a chemical compound, It's 'water' in all states. Only lit.
> vernacular hints that it might refer to only the liquid form by calling
> solid water 'ice' and vaporised water 'steam' and not often calling
> either 'water'.

FWIW, while I tend to agree, actually the dictionary disagrees...

  http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/water?s=t

ALL definitions indicate that it is H2O in liquid form.  Far more
authoritative than Wikipedia IMO.

Also FWIW that post was meant to be humerous.  I often forget that my
brand of humor is lost on most people, and omitted the appropriate
emoticon. :)

-=-=-=-=-