[Discuss] Upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04...can't connect to wifi with rtl8723ae driver

Randy Cole randyokc at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 17:27:47 EDT 2014

Worked fine with 13.10.  Sees the router, keeps trying but never connects.
Driver is rtl8723ae.  I assume it is a driver bug.

Router is a netgear wgt624v3.
Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8723AE PCIe Wireless
Network Adapter.

Haven't filed the bug yet;  Can't google anybody else having this problem.
Have tried reinstalling kernel extras and removing/installing the kernel
module.

Can I install the module(s) from one of the old kernels, or will that cause
a crash?

Anybody got any ideas?