[Discuss] vnc

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 10:16:31 EDT 2014

On 8/25/2014 8:51 AM, markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
> SSH is a very BAD thing to open up to the free internet. BAD BAD BAD.
> Once in, you are in. Shell access is dangerous.

Stop right there.

We have been discussing securing VNC connections to X11 desktops running
on virtual framebuffer devices. In other words: full shell access. Thus,
none of your points are immediately relevant to the discussion at hand.
They might be relevant to a discussion about access to private services
other than shell access but that's a different discussion.

--
Rich P.