[Discuss] Wireless devices, 2 Wireless Routers, local network. DD-WRT

markw at mohawksoft.com markw at mohawksoft.com
Wed Aug 27 08:38:32 EDT 2014

Here's the scenario:

I like to go camping and often times they provide wireless access, but the
camp site is often pretty far away from the wireless access point. I have
a long distance wireless-G router with a high gain antenna. I have a
second wireless-N router. Both routers are running DD-WRT.

I should be able to connect to the camp ground's wireless with the high
gain antenna using the Wireless-G router with a DHCP assign IP address. I
should then be able to NAT to my own local subnet and be able to connect
the Wireless-N to my local subnet and provide access to phones, tablets,
and laptops.

If these were standard linux boxes, this would be fairly easy, but the
standard tools don't seem available on DD-WRT's shell.

Has anyone done this? Got a good link? (I have googled, but the examples
I've found aren't quite right or don't really work.)