[Discuss] Wireless devices, 2 Wireless Routers, local network. DD-WRT

markw at mohawksoft.com markw at mohawksoft.com
Wed Aug 27 10:52:06 EDT 2014

> On 8/27/2014 8:38 AM, markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
>> I should be able to connect to the camp ground's wireless with the high
>> gain antenna using the Wireless-G router with a DHCP assign IP address.
>
> And here I thought "camping" meant getting away from things like this.

As I was writing the post, I just KNEW someone would make a crack about
camping and electronics. LOL

> But to address the question, you need two access points each with two
> wireless network interfaces. Configure AP1 wlan1 as a client to the
> site's network. Configure AP1 wlan0 as a Repeater Bridge endpoint.
> Configure AP2 wlan1 as a Repeater Bridge endpoint. Configure AP2 wlan0
> as a normal access point for your devices.

Yes, I know the basics. I could do it for two raw Linux boxes, but the
facilities in DD-WRT seem a little lacking.

I don't see how to NAT from the wireless port in the G router (the one
with the antenna) to either the LAN or WAN ports. I also don't see how to
make the DD-WRT to be a true access point.