[Discuss] Wireless devices, 2 Wireless Routers, local network. DD-WRT

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Wed Aug 27 15:06:36 EDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Richard Pieri <richard.pieri at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 8/27/2014 10:52 AM, markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
> > I don't see how to NAT from the wireless port in the G router (the one
> > with the antenna) to either the LAN or WAN ports.
>
> You don't.

Your don't HAVE to.   You could do it, however, as I suggested previously
by connecting a cable
between the WAN port of one of the N router  and a LAN port of the  G
router.   This would, of course,
result in double NATing.   Even better you could just connect two of the
LAN ports togther (either with
a crossover cable or if auto-MIDX is supported on either router that might
work as well.   Turn off the
DHCP server on the N router and you have effectively turned your N router
into a wired/wireless bridge.
All devices will get an IP from the G router and Ethernet packets should
flow appropriately.

You create a wireless bridge between the two access points
> with DD-WRT's Repeater Bridge:
> http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge
>

> That should get you started.

I assume this if for the G to to "camp" router connection.  For the G to N
router connection, I would go wired
if at all possible.  No reason to waste wireless bandwidth if wired is
available.

Bill Bogstad