[Discuss] Who sells the least expensive SSL certs right now?

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Thu Dec 18 06:30:21 EST 2014

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Bill Horne
>
> I've been taked with obtaining some SSL certs for use on two Mac Minis
> running OS X Yosemite. Nothing fancy: I'm looking for the lowest cost
> available.

Web server certs?  It seems a little weird that you mention they're for use on a mac...

I have a step-by-step to get free certs on startssl here:
https://downloads.conceptblossom.com/synctuary/Trusted_Cert_StartSSL.pdf

(In that guide, near the end we convert to pfx for import into synctuary, you could just ignore that.)

If you need paid certs, I would go to namecheap.  Their lowest price tier is like $8 or $9, for certs that are comparable to the startssl certs, but from a different CA.