[Discuss] Who sells the least expensive SSL certs right now?

Bill Horne bill at horne.net
Thu Dec 18 09:46:51 EST 2014

On 12/18/2014 6:30 AM, Edward Ned Harvey (blu) wrote:
>> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
>> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Bill Horne
>>
>> I've been taked with obtaining some SSL certs for use on two Mac Minis
>> running OS X Yosemite. Nothing fancy: I'm looking for the lowest cost
>> available.
> Web server certs?  It seems a little weird that you mention they're for use on a mac...

Well, OS X is BSD ... and there's nothing like talking to the guy who's
been there. It's Apache2, of course, but I pass along the OS info in
case there are any gotchas that someone has run into before.

> I have a step-by-step to get free certs on startssl here:
> https://downloads.conceptblossom.com/synctuary/Trusted_Cert_StartSSL.pdf

Thanks. I'll use that for my personal sites.

> If you need paid certs, I would go to namecheap.  Their lowest price tier is like $8 or $9, for certs that are comparable to the startssl certs, but from a different CA.

That's /very/ nice to know! Awesome! <Rubs hands gleefully>

Bill

--
E. William Horne
339-364-8487