[Discuss] Use Linux laptop as wifi router? Is that even the right solution?

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Wed Dec 31 07:39:50 EST 2014

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of John Abreau
>
> It has no option to ssh into a command line? That seems odd; pretty much
> every embedded device I've ever owned was based on Linux and had an
> option
> to enable ssh.

Wow.  John, your experience is extremely atypical.  I have hacked (and failed to hack) many, many linux based commodity devices.  Believe me, in most devices there is no ssh daemon.  In many devices, even when you manage to hack an ssh daemon or something into the device, there aren't even any shell commands available, such as ls and cat and stuff.