[Discuss] Use Linux laptop as wifi router? Is that even the right solution?

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Wed Dec 31 07:44:15 EST 2014

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of David Kramer
>
> 1) Change my laptop's MAC address temporarily to that of the Roku,

This brings up 2 important points:

If you have your laptop, then what's the point of bringing the roku?  You could just use your laptop...

and

In my experience, in hotels, usually you can't use your laptop for video anyway.  They have an internet connection, and not enough bandwidth for 100 people all watching netflix or porn in their rooms.  I have seen video sometimes work in hotel rooms, but usually not.