[Discuss] Use Linux laptop as wifi router? Is that even the right solution?

Matthew Gillen me at mattgillen.net
Wed Dec 31 08:42:21 EST 2014

On 12/31/2014 7:44 AM, Edward Ned Harvey (blu) wrote:
> In my experience, in hotels, usually you can't use your laptop for video anyway.  They have an internet connection, and not enough bandwidth for 100 people all watching netflix or porn in their rooms.  I have seen video sometimes work in hotel rooms, but usually not.

Not only that, hotels (particularly Marriott) have been caught doing
unsavory things on their networks, so I don't trust them.   So as a
general rule I won't use hotel networks.

http://justinsomnia.org/2012/04/hotel-wifi-javascript-injection/

http://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-News/Hotel-News/Marriott-settles-with-FCC-on-WiFi-case/