[Discuss] color laser printer

Laura Conrad lconrad at laymusic.org
Tue Jun 10 13:50:18 EDT 2014

    Dan> I've owned two Brother mono lasers in my life and hated both. One
    Dan> curled the paper terribly and made loud gronking noises that sounded
    Dan> like the internals were being eaten by robots. Brother replaced it
    Dan> under warranty and a few months later, the new one was gronking too.
    Dan> This was 8 years ago so YMMV.

Mine (HL5259DN, maybe 7 or 8 years old) gronks but only for a little
while after I've put new paper in.  The paper doesn't curl more than I
expect.

I'm thinking the paper feeding might be getting a little less reliable
than it used to be, so I'm following this discussion with interest, but
I'll probably get another mono -- I usually manage to get somebody else
to do any color printing I need.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org)
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/116029698292079786511>

Of course you cannot really play a fugue in three continuous parts on
the violin, but by dint of doublestopping and dodging from one part to
another, you can evoke a hideous ghost of a fugue that will pass
current if guaranteed by Bach and Joachim.

George Bernard Shaw, _London Music in 1888-89_, quoted in Ross
Duffin's _How Equal Temperament Ruined Harmony_