[Discuss] color laser printer

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 14:38:54 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Daniel Barrett <dbarrett at blazemonger.com>
wrote:

> I've had good luck with HP color lasers. My previous one, a LaserJet
> 2605dn, lasted for 7 years without a repair.

​Same exact model here. Bought when it was on sale so not absurd to have
SOHO/SMB printers at home.

No problems until recently RED is printing brick red not bright red, so i
may have a toner going bad before empty, but i suppose it could be the
"drum" belt ? ​

My B&W is a HP LJ 1320DN, even older, likewise no problems.

The 'N' suffix is important, that means it has a physical Ethernet
interface, not just WiFi. I don't want my printer serving as a WiFi
intrusion point.

Just a few weeks ago, I
> replaced it with a LaserJet M451dn for about $350. The

​Nice price.  What's the M prefix mean?

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com