[Discuss] color laser printer

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Tue Jun 10 16:34:51 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Bill Ricker <bill.n1vux at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Daniel Barrett <dbarrett at blazemonger.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I've had good luck with HP color lasers. My previous one, a LaserJet
>> 2605dn, lasted for 7 years without a repair.
>>

> Same exact model here. Bought when it was on sale so not absurd to have
> SOHO/SMB printers at home.

I actually bought two when they were on an absurd sale.   (The cost of
a second printer
was about the same price as a set of toner cartridges)
Unfortunately, that turned out to be a
good idea as one of the two stopped working after about a year or so.
 The other one is flakey
and often my Ubuntu systems can't talk to it over the Ethernet.   I
bought a $99 LexMark all-in-one
monochrome laser (with duplexer) and use the HP so rarely I'm not even
sure it it works.
(Note: After 5 minutes of fiddling just now I managed to get a test page out.)

Exec. Summary: I wouldn't reccomend HP 2605dn.

Bill Bogstad