[Discuss] Redundant array of inexpensive servers: clustering?

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 12:04:17 EDT 2014

Rich Braun wrote:
> Well, if the free or low-cost software existed to make it work well, I'd
> eagerly pony up to pay the electric bill running a third server.

You mean like Red Hat Cluster Suite and Pacemaker?

You don't see advancement in HA clustering because we reached the
pinnacle over 30 years ago. It's a well-understood problem with
literally decades of history backing up a handful of best practices.
Anything new is just a specific implementation of these practices.

--
Rich P.