[Discuss] comcast wifi question

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 12:18:19 EST 2014

On 11/6/2014 11:41 AM, Eric Chadbourne wrote:
> I do not think that is accurate.  Probably nobody around me knows my
> wifi password.  Cracking wifi is hard. Not like it used to be. Try it
> sometime.

Cracking WPA-Personal is not hard:
http://www.willhackforsushi.com/?page_id=50

WPA-Enterprise is harder in large part because of the necessary RADIUS
backend and the security planing that goes into it.

> Let me change the question to, if I access an evil access point will
> my vpn protect me from their mnm / DNS crackery?

That depends on how you authenticate the VPN endpoint and, just as
importantly, how it authenticates you. X.509? No. Kerberos? Yes.

--
Rich P.