[Discuss] Debian officially forked over systemd

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Sat Nov 29 19:50:39 EST 2014

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Bill Horne
>
> Someone, please give me a one-sentence answer I can recite to any suit
> who asks me what the difference is.

Nobody will ask unless they already have an opinion about it.  It sounds like you already have an opinion about it, and you're trying to come up with an explanation you can give to management, to describe a change you want to make.  Personally I don't buy into the anti-systemd religion (not saying you have it, just saying it exists and I don't buy into it).

The arguments about preventing downtime are bunk, unless somebody shows that systemd causes downtime.  Which it doesn't.