[Discuss] Debian officially forked over systemd

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 21:02:03 EST 2014

On 11/29/2014 7:50 PM, Edward Ned Harvey (blu) wrote:
> The arguments about preventing downtime are bunk, unless somebody
 > shows that systemd causes downtime. Which it doesn't.

Last major update to my home box, systemd broke Samba. No changes were
made to the Samba configuration; systemd simply refused to start the
daemons and refused to tell me why. They started correctly when I
started them manually. They started correctly after I removed systemd
and its dependencies and installed sysvinit. So yes, systemd can cause,
and has caused, downtime for me.

--
Rich P.