[Discuss] CipherShed: TrueCrypt fork

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 19:54:07 EDT 2014

On 10/1/2014 4:58 PM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> But, you are right on with that. Physical security is always the best
> first option. But, for a regular person who essentially can't afford a
> secure facility for his/her data, you've got to consider both encryption
> and backing up to a secure backup location.

I disagree on the point of encryption. There's a good solution out there
if you just think outside the box.

Or inside the box this time around: dog cages. A heavy duty, welded
steel dog cage will run you $300-$500 depending on the size. Bolt the
cage to the floor, put your server(s) in it, and lock it with a good
padlock. Voila! your own secure data cage.

--
Rich P.