[Discuss] OT: Do CS grads need calculus?

Mike Small smallm at panix.com
Tue Apr 7 12:04:49 EDT 2015

Stephen Ronan <sronan at panix.com> writes:

> Perhaps some of you may find of interest this thread:
> "Do CS grads need calculus?"
> http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/247/2015/04/sort/time_rev/page/1/

I haven't needed calculus in my jobs either, but then I've never been
very good at job hunting and interviewing.

There are options for people who want some kind of computer training and
don't want to learn calculus.  A bachelors degree from the science
department of a university should not be one of those options.

If this weren't the U.S. I'd be asking, "you can graduate high school
without learning any calculus?"

--
Mike Small
smallm at panix.com