[Discuss] site monitoring suggestions?

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 10:11:26 EST 2015

On 12/21/2015 8:17 AM, Cole Tuininga wrote:
> I've heard a lot of my sysadmin friends are moving to Icinga
> (https://www.icinga.org/) over Nagios.  I have no experience with it,
> myself.

Icinga 2 is easier to deploy and ostensibly has more "features" than
Nagios. On the other hand, Nagios has a much longer track record and
favors a lean core architecture to Icinga's somewhat more monolithic core.

NB: take the Nagios vs. Icinga comparison charts with a salt lick. The
comparisons published by Netways, the company which owns the Icinga
trademarks, are deliberately misleading and skewed to make Nagios look bad.

I for one am not switching from Nagios any time soon. Icinga offers
nothing that Nagios does not already do for me and I'm not partial to
Netways' dishonest practices.

--
Rich P.