[Discuss] Home server

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 17:14:08 EST 2015

On 1/26/2015 4:05 PM, Joe Polcari wrote:
> I have quite a few FreeNAS boxes in service right now and that is not how
> they work.

Hm. Probably a change some time between FreeNAS 7, which is built on top
of m0n0wall (more or less), and the more recent versions. That would go
a long way to explain FreeNAS 9's relatively huge RAM requirements. I
stopped paying much attention to FreeNAS when version 8 was released. It
was a huge downgrade in capabilities and features from version 7.

--
Rich P.