[Discuss] NAS: encryption

Eric Chadbourne eric.chadbourne at icloud.com
Fri Jul 10 08:32:16 EDT 2015

> What puzzles me is what people are doing at home to use up all that
> disk space.

My music collection is about 150GB.  I like to keep 3 copies of everything so there’s 450GB.  I don’t keep a copy offsite in the cloud just because of it’s size.  I keep one copy on a USB drive in a fire proof safe.  Cheaper and more easily accessible than the cloud, at least for me.  Bittorrent Sync keeps my boxes synchronized.

I think for video and audio, local storage makes more sense for the technically savvy.  I’ve never lost a significant amount of data.

- Eric C
The one who’s just a simple rsync user, no home NAS here.