[Discuss] Multiple submissions of resume by recruiters and hired.com

Dan Ritter dsr at randomstring.org
Wed Jun 3 09:45:38 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 03, 2015 at 09:16:43AM -0400, Jerry Natowitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A friend has suggested that I try hired.com to find a new position.
> I looked into it and wondered how well I could control the process
> of submitting my resume to prevent what I have always heard is the
> kiss of death: two or more recruiters submitting your resume to the
> same client.
>
> My friend assured me that I would be able to control the
> dissemination of my resume by hired.com; and besides, given the
> state of the market, multiple submissions are common and handled by
> giving the commission (if hired) to the first one to submit.
>
> Is this really true?  And has anyone had experience with hired.com?

I've never had two recruiters submitting the same resume. I have
occasionally told a recruiter that they sent me the resume of
someone I had already heard from directly.

I have had a dishonesty problem with recruiters: once they get
their mitts on a resume in an editable format, some of them like
to embellish.

I don't do business with those recruiters after that. I prefer
not to do business with recruiters at all: they tend to add zero
value in exchange for their 20-35% fee.

-dsr-