[Discuss] memory management

Mike Small smallm at panix.com
Fri Jun 19 11:41:35 EDT 2015

Jerry Natowitz <j.natowitz at rcn.com> writes:

> My advise on Firefox is to close it down completely whenever you have
> finished using it.  There seems to be a lot of memory leaking, I've
> seen Firefox grow into multi-gigabyte virtual size in a matter of
> hours.

I leave it running all the time and don't see this. I mean, it's bloated
as all hell for what it is, but I've had it up since last week and it's
stable at 1 GB virtual memory, peak working set 560 MB with many tabs
open.  This make me think it's less firefox having severe leaks than the
abomidable state of javascript on websites today. I don't let very much
javascript run.

--
Mike Small
smallm at panix.com