[Discuss] A laptop for Linux

Jack Coats jack at coats.org
Mon Jun 22 11:50:15 EDT 2015

I have a fairly recent T-series. T540p.  When I have to, the pad works once
I got used to it.   I saw where Lenovo is taking a hint and going back to
'real buttons' on the trackpad, so I would look for that before jumping.  I
just didn't know better and trusted Lenovo to not do something to far off
the beaten path. I use it mainly in a docking station with a regular USB
mouse.  I also do dual-boot using Linux Mint as my main OS but to help
diagnose issues for friends, I keep Winders installed and try to boot and
update it at least monthly.

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 9:45 AM, Bill Ricker <bill.n1vux at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 10:00 AM, Rohan Joshi <rohan2jos at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am tired with the Lenovo systems and the various issues that keep
> > coming up.  (I have tried on the yoga 2, the flex and the Y series).
>

> The enterprise T-series Lenovo had been fine, but I'm hearing the
> latest models that no longer have mice buttons aren't up to the old
> standard. The last of the old enterprise models are still in refurb
> channels.
>
> System76, ZaReason, and Emperor Linux are the three Linux-first
> integrator-retailers. I haven't had the pleasure of buying from them
> yet - i'm cheap enough i like refurb :-) - but when i next need to
> upgrade, there i may have to look them.
>
> --
> Bill Ricker
> bill.n1vux at gmail.com
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/n1vux

><> ... Jack

The Four Boxes of Liberty - "There are four boxes to be used in the defense
of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart"... Colossians 3:23
"Anyone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new." -
Albert Einstein
"You don't manage people; you manage things. You lead people." - Admiral
Grace Hopper, USN
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -
Ben Franklin