[Discuss] A laptop for Linux

Rohan Joshi rohan2jos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 11:56:55 EDT 2015

Yep I had my mother's old T60 but I acted in haste, returned it to her
before coming to USA and bought the yoga 2 13, thinking that I'd be better
off getting a new system for school.
As it turns out, getting Linux to work with ultrabooks is a hassle. I tried
the WiFi blacklisting solution, but I was not able to get a stable WiFi
connection. Ultimately I reverted to Windows, only to find out that WiFi
had stopped working completely.
Sadly, like a typical Windows user, I had to call lenovo and send the
machine back. They sent me a working system and I'm stick with windows as
my main OS.

The T60 was amazing and linux worked out of the box.
So if I can get my hands on a thinkpad then that's wonderful. The only
reason I'm apprehensive about used systems is that if it dies in the middle
of my course, I'm done for! Hence I was thinking of buying a new system and
selling the yoga away.

Rohan