[Discuss] Linux on laptops

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:57:59 EST 2015

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Derek Martin <invalid at pizzashack.org>
wrote:

> > ​I've had generally good results getting used Lenovo​ laptops at MIT
> flea.
> > Word is to steer clear of the newer ones that removed the mouse buttons.
>
> I agree that's annoying but you *can* attach a mouse...  I've only had
> one or two laptops that ever had 3 mouse buttons anyway, and without
> all three I consider the pad useless.

​It's more that the build quality that we remember fondly from IBM ThinkPad
days extends through the Lenovo days as long as they kept using the IBM
designs - - and the button-less-pad is the most obvious externally visible
sign of the inner failings of the too-recent models, if you haven't
memorized the model #s.​

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com