[Discuss] Linux on laptops

John Byrnes john at johnbyrnes.info
Sat Nov 21 18:30:26 EST 2015

I picked up a refurbished Dell XPS13 9333 at Microcenter some months
back. It's the best device I've ever owned. Beautiful display, good
keyboard and long battery life. Works great in Linux -- not so well in
FreeBSD. I guess that the Haswell graphics drivers haven't made it in
yet.

If you're looking for really cheap, look at some eBay'ed Lenovo
X61s. They have crappy displays, but run reasonably fast with decent
enough battery life. I've run a variety of GNU/Linux distributions on
them over the years. Similarly, the X200s will work well too.

I think that you can even use Libreboot on the X200.

Best regards,
John