[Discuss] Cloud-backup solutions for Linux?

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 19:02:57 EDT 2015

On 9/24/2015 3:22 PM, Matt Shields wrote:
> ownCloud has version control (

Version control is not backup. If the disk dies then the versioned files
die with it.

> Also since I never delete from my S3 bucket where I have a nightly sync
> from ownCloud to, the risk of losing everything is low.  I also have up to
> 24 hours to recover files that might have been written over.

Create a file on Monday. Change and overwrite it on Tuesday. Discover on
Thursday that you need Monday's version. Sure, you can put the files
under some kind of version control but if the disk dies then the
versioned files die with it.

--
Rich P.