[Discuss] Cloud-backup solutions for Linux?

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 13:44:21 EDT 2015

On 9/28/2015 1:04 PM, Bill Bogstad wrote:
> I think you are both right.   Ed is right because it is a precise
> image (snapshot) of an albeit inconsistent filesystem.

I get that now. He is correct in that his snapshots are approximately
what the guests look like when the power is yanked. Whether or not those
snapshots are usable is still a problem. It's not just legacy
applications and operating systems. If you try this with MongoDB for
example you are guaranteed to have non-working databases in your snapshots.

--
Rich P.