[Discuss] Windows Subsystem for Linux

Shirley Márquez Dúlcey mark at buttery.org
Sun Aug 7 00:17:33 EDT 2016

It's been in the Insider Preview builds for a while. Now the general
public is getting a crack at it.

I doubt it will make much of an impression on most Windows users. It
doesn't run GUI apps, and the majority of Windows people rarely touch
the command line or non-GUI applications.

I can see it becoming a big hit with system administrators. Not just
to run Linux applications, but also to use bash as a shell rather than
PowerShell. Admins who work with both Windows and Linux will
appreciate being able to work on both platforms with a single shell.