[Discuss] 4K (or 5K) resolution for Linux desktop

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 13:13:11 EST 2016

On 1/6/2016 12:53 PM, Robert Krawitz wrote:
> But (at least for me) it doesn't need to be the same size if the
> resolution is higher.

Perhaps not the same size but close enough. I doubt that you can go from
10 point to 5 point just because the underlying pixel density is four
times greater. You might be able to go from 10 point to 8 point without
straining but you're still upscaling which means you're wasting much of
that alleged "improved definition". Marketing buzzwords like
"revolutionary" and "retina display" don't change basic geometry.

--
Rich P.