[Discuss] Are passwords even long enough?

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 23:59:54 EDT 2016

On 7/6/2016 11:04 PM, IngeGNUe wrote:
> Yes I know I was very strong about it but that is Very rare, especially
> if you're not downloading software from untrusted sources.

Guess again. There are 4885 known vulnerabilities (CVE numbers) in all
versions of WordPress core, plugins and themes as of this writing:

https://wpvulndb.com/

That's worse than Microsoft's track record of 4399 CVE numbers for all
of their products since 1999:

https://www.cvedetails.com/vendor/26/Microsoft.html

> I doubt it. I don't do this. (Unless Google Apps are *by definition* a
> federated service.)

Single sign-on is a subset of federated identity, so yes, Google's
authentication is a federated identity service by definition.

--
Rich P.