[Discuss] LibreOffice and .docx files

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Wed Dec 6 11:57:17 EST 2017

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 7:48 PM, Nancy Allison <nancythewriter7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, all.
>
> I appreciate the background information on why compatibility is not assured
> or easy. I will upgrade to 5.4x when the time is right (when I have at
> least one grizzled Linux veteran nearby to help out if the unexpected
> occurs) ...

Upgrading Libreoffice is very easy once you know the process.  Her e is a link
which appears to have correct info:

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/07/how-to-install-libreoffice-5-4-on-ubuntu

Reverting back is harder, but it certainly doable.  Just having a
Linux person available
by phone is probably all you would need.

Bill Bogstad