[Discuss] Great talks last night, however...

Shirley Márquez Dúlcey mark at buttery.org
Thu Jul 20 18:37:54 EDT 2017

The $16 one isn't just as good. That's a non-ratcheting tool. It's hard to
get the right amount of crimping pressure with those. I don't recommend
going that way.

The ones in the $30 range are better. $29 with ten pairs of connectors
thrown in looks like a deal. Another option that I found in a Google search
is to buy the PowerPole die (the ham companies sell them separately for $25
and they're a bit cheaper on eBay) and combine it with a cheap crimp tool
from Harbor Freight - total cost $30-35 but that doesn't include any
connectors.