[Discuss] Great talks last night, however...

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Fri Jul 21 08:59:27 EDT 2017

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 2:51 PM, Shirley Márquez Dúlcey
<mark at buttery.org> wrote:
> If you want to use PowerPoles for something other than DC power
> connections in the 12V neighborhood, you should make them distinct
> from the ham power connection standard in some way. Use different
> colors, a different configuration of jacks, whatever. That way nobody
> will plug your other thing into a 12V power supply.

The above seems to confirm my impression from looking at the web sites
mentioned.
PowerPoles are current rated and (perhaps?) have a maximum voltage
rating.  Unfortunately,
I could see having 5V, 12V, 24V, and 48V DC in one installation.  Am I
wrong about this?
Are there well known conventions for idiot proof use of these connectors?

Bill Bogstad