[Discuss] Question regarding parking at MIT for BLU meetings

Mike Small smallm at sdf.org
Wed Nov 15 23:49:52 EST 2017

John Abreau <abreauj at gmail.com> writes:

> We've had unusually low turnout at the past couple of BLU meetings, and I'm
> wondering how much of it is due to the changes in MIT's parking policy.
>
> How many of you have stopped attending BLU meetings because of the new
> parking restrictions?

For me parking is never an issue as I only have my behind to park but
this was a month when Boston Perl Mongers and BLU had the same week, so
I was less inclined to listen to a second computer related talk within
two days over going to an odd Chinese movie at the Brattle and listening
to a talk about James Madison at Harvard Coop. Also, no offense meant to
the speaker or arrangers, but 3d printing is probably one of those
topics a free software enthusiast has either already got into big time
or one that he will never have much interest in.

--
Mike Small
smallm at sdf.org