[Discuss] Sharing gnupg keyring among computers

Jerry Feldman gaf.linux at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 15:01:21 EDT 2017

Thanks guys,
I have shared my keyring in the past, but never on  my personal laptop, but
on my encrypted work laptop.

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 2:17 PM, Richard Pieri <richard.pieri at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 9/25/2017 9:30 AM, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> > You could use something like YubiKey to store GPG keys.
>
> You can, but I'm not sure that USB anything is a good idea for GPG keys.
> If you trust the computer enough to unlock your keys on it then the fob
> isn't adding any security to the workflow, but it adds complexity and
> inconvenience. If you don't trust that computer then plugging writable
> storage into it is a very bad idea.
>
> --
> Rich P.

Jerry Feldman <gaf.linux at gmail.com>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 6F6BB6E7
Key fingerprint: 0EDC 2FF5 53A6 8EED 84D1  3050 5715 B88D 6F6B B6E7