[Discuss] Sharing gnupg keyring among computers

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 15:42:30 EDT 2017

On 9/25/2017 3:01 PM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> Thanks guys,
> I have shared my keyring in the past, but never on  my personal laptop, but
> on my encrypted work laptop.

I keep my key rings and related files synchronized across many nodes,
been doing it since the early 1990s. When in doubt I wrap keys and
related files in TrueCrypt disk images and synchronize those instead of
the bare key files (for example: using Dropbox for sync).

I have different keys for work stuff and personal stuff.

I've considered storing the key ring passwords on YubiKeys but, again,
little USB thingies are kind of tedious.

--
Rich P.