[Discuss] Host test script

Eric Chadbourne sillystring at protonmail.com
Fri Apr 6 13:01:30 EDT 2018

Great links.  I was immediately able to provide grockable optimization advice.

What about testing on the server itself?  For example vendors often hide CPU information in vague marketing terminology.  I was thinking maybe log the time periodically while running a few queries, do a bunch of file modifications, etc.  Then I could offer better advice to the client on which hosting service to use.  I love DigitalOcean but that's not a good enough argument.  Would this even be worth my time?

How do you all recommend hosting providers?

Thanks,
Eric Chadbourne