[Discuss] Backing up evernote

Jerry Feldman gaf.linux at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 07:52:50 EST 2018

Setting up a note server is not the issue. I need the noted on both my
desktop, laptop AND Android. For my uses, Google Keep works, but lacks an
import facility. I could keep my notes in a folder in drive or Dropbox.

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 11:26 AM Rich Braun <richb at pioneer.ci.net> wrote:

> There's an open-source rival to Evernote: Joplin. Check it out at
> https://joplin.cozic.net/ I have it set up for Linux/iOS/Mac OS, though I
> don't regularly use it because I never quite got the whole Evernote thing,
> other than as the sign on a building in Redwood City. My main use for it is
> to take notes about seating locations in movie theaters, now that they all
> want you to reserve in advance and I got tired of being too far back or too
> close.
>
> It has the downside that you need to host a server yourself. But this is
> BLU, so you have plenty of help setting up servers. :-)
>
> -rich

Jerry Feldman <gaf.linux at gmail.com>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 6F6BB6E7
Key fingerprint: 0EDC 2FF5 53A6 8EED 84D1  3050 5715 B88D 6F6B B6E7