[Discuss] Backing up evernote

John Abreau abreauj at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 02:30:10 EST 2018

I gave the Joplin Linux desktop application a try, and importing one
of my smaller Evernote folders from the .enex backup file worked
great.

I found instructions on setting up a Nextcloud server under Docker,
which Joplin is supposed to work well with.  Also, Joplin apparently
syncs with Dropbox, which Jerry mentioned as a viable back-end for
him, so running a Nextcloud server may not be necessary.

Looks like a decent replacement for Evernote if Evernote does go out
of business. At least for web clippings, which is mostly what I use
Evernote for. I've never tried out Evernote's other media types, such
as audio, or its OCR capabilities, and I'm not sure what other
non-text media types Evernote supports, so I can't test whether they
work in Joplin.

Email: abreauj at gmail.com / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0x920063C6