[Discuss] Things in Hidden, Magic . Files

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Wed Jan 17 16:13:42 EST 2018

On 01/17/2018 12:31 PM, Kent Borg wrote:
> It has its advantages, it has its drawbacks, but then I stumbled on a
> *big* problem: source code debugging with pdb quit working. Emacs used
> to open another pane and put an arrow next to the line about to be
> executed. No longer. Naturally I suspect elpy.

I think I have a workaround...

I usually invoke pdb by dropping in my code:

   import pdb ; pdb.set_trace()

But I tried meta-X pdb and got an error, something about a string being
nil? (I didn't write it down.) I tried tracing in emacs...and that make
it work. I reboot and "import pdb ; pdb.set_trace()" fails, but meta-X
pdb works...but thereafter it seems "import pdb ; pdb.set_trace()" now
works.

Weird.

-kb